Mini Marathan on 24-01-2016
Brief of Wellington Cantonment..
Wellington Cantonment is situated three kilometers to the north of Coonoor. The Mettupalayam-Ooty road passes through the Cantonment. The Wellington Cantonment was earlier known as Jakkatalla (or Jacketallah) from the Badaga Village of that name to the north of it. In 1852, Sir Richard Armstrong, the then Commander-in-Chief, recommended that the name should be changed to Wellington in honor of the Iron Duke, who from the first had evinced an... Read more